Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Some ramblings

Date: 27/04/2011
Time: 12:21 pm
Days abroad: 93

I am sitting at a nice little cafe...drinking rooibos tea (my new-found love) and eating a lemon poppyseed muffin.
mostly because they have free internet...and since they have free internet and I already finished my research...I felt like I shouldnt waste this golden opportunity to post on my bloggy...for free!


Now, I wish
I had done something exciting this last week that I had pictures of...unfortunately, my little camera broke and I dont like to carry around my mom's big, beautiful camera because nothing screams "mug me!" like a nice piece of technology...hmm, makes me re-think lugging my computer down to main road to use this free internet...

On a lighter note, graduation is in 46 days!!
Hard to believe...I guess I better start learning to be a grown-up or something.

ALSO!!! Only 129 days until kickoff in Dallas!! How exciting...129 days is almost how long I have been in Cape Town. And that was like nothing...

The weather here has taken a 180 degree turn...I think Cape Town forgot it is in Africa. It has been monsoon rains every day all week. I'm talking like wake you up in the middle of the night rain because it sounds like the house is coming down. Also, we have these hilarious little heaters in our rooms that do absolutely nothing...See that white square on the wall? Basically, the plank thing gets hot but no heat actually radiates into the room. Hahaha. The funny thing is, I dont think it is really that cold but after 4 months of 90 degrees, it feels like Antarctica in there.

Well, I clearly have nothing exciting to report...oh! except! I went to Checkers AND Pick N Pay yesterday and BOTH of them were completely out of chicken. How do the 2 main grocery stores run out of chicken?! So bizarre. Sometimes, South Africa is so strange...

Happy Happy 21st Birthday to the lovely miss Alex!!

I miss you all!
Love

1 comment:

  1. Heidi told me a few weeks ago I should tell how much I enjoy your blog and:

    I really enjoy your blog! It's such a refreshing read and not to mention the amazing experience that we as a reader get to see first hand right along with you. :)

    ReplyDelete