Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tomorrow, Tomorrow...

Date: 1/22/2011 10:30PST
Days abroad: -1
Post #: 1

The day has finally arrived!!!
well...almost....
Tomorrow at 6:55am PST I am taking off on the adventure of a lifetime...18 weeks at the University of Cape Town in Cape Town, South Africa...well, technically, I'll be taking off for about 30 looooong hours. THEN the adventure of a lifetime! Tomorrow I hit Minneapolis then Amsterdam and the next day I'll touch down in Cape Town...I'm exhausted just thinking about it...
After months and months of stressful preparation, I apologize and whole-heartedly thank all of you who have helped, supported, guided, and listened to me whine while I pulled all of the loose ends of this trip together. Hopefully, this little blog will help make up for some of my griping...because, even though I couldn't pack any of you up into my little (cough, very large) suitcase, you can all bear witness to some of my adventures (and misadventures) as I try to navigate a new country.
I've never blogged before so bear with me as I try to use this thing...and I apologize in advance for the glitches I am sure to encounter.
I literally just spent half an hour trying to figure out how to download pictures off the fancy camera my mama has been kind enough to let me borrow...BUT! perseverance wins! pictures successfully downloaded! (and my favorite added to this post...as proof!)
As you can see...Mama is very excited about me going to Africa...haha. (actually, she got up at 1pm...yesterday. Then worked all night. then didnt sleep and ran all over the countryside for me...I guess I should cut her some slack...she's sleepy head.)
Anyways...you can all follow me on this lovely little blog :) isn't technology grand?
The best way to contact me between now and June is going to be by email. I'm at kailee.ramp@gmail.com if you would like more personal details (like an address) you can email me and I'll let you know...I dont have an exact mailing address yet. Plus, I dont want any creepy stalkers so I wont be a dummy and put my address up here for all to see. I will also have some access to social networking (that's a fancy way to say facebook, Dad) though it will definitely be more limited access than what I have here in the states...
I'm off to double check my passport and ticket confirmation for the one MILLIONTH time. then to pretend to get some sleep...4am comes awfully early
Love

1 comment:

  1. This whole thing remids me of something I've experienced before !! Good luck, I'm sure its going to be amazing, take pictures :)

    ReplyDelete